Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Leave it to me to miss the point.

Last night as I drove home from a late night elders meeting, I was struggling with the usual "extrovert struggles". If you are an extreme extrovert like me, you know what I am talking about. The thoughts like "Did I say too much?" "Was that joke out of line?" "That was stupid why did I say that." "Man, that came out all wrong. That didn't sound like what I meant at all." Ever have those thoughts? Well I was in a room of men that I have a great deal of respect for, for four hours. I can barely sit still for fifteen minutes. Plus it was late! So I was at the top of my extroverted, A.D.D. game. And driving home, the enemy was really beating on me, with the thoughts mentioned above. Then the song below came on. And all of a sudden I realized that I missed the point. I missed the entire point of the "60 days of beauty project". Well maybe not the entire point... but A BIG ONE. He thinks I am beautiful. Just the way He made me. I'm a guy... I never think of myself in that light... I spend less than 30 seconds looking at myself in a mirror everyday. But He thinks I'm beautiful. Even when I'm a spaz and annoying, He thinks I'm beautiful. Even in my worst moment, He thinks I'm beautiful.



Today, may you see the beauty in yourself, the beauty that He sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment